Sunday, March 25, 2012

GPAnalysis.com has a great Price-Variant Sales report

I have mentioned GPAnalysis (GPA) in several of my blogs.  I heartily recommend it for any serious comic collector/investor/speculator/dealer.  One of the best things about GPA is that it produces a Price-Variant Sales report each month.  The report details every certified sale of a price variant and also compares the sales price to the regular issue.  Here is a copy of the current issue.

I get asked often what is the normal price difference for price variants.  Note that this report is typical for certified examples and the multiple for 30 cent variants is typically 10 to 20 times their regular issue brethren.  35 centers can be even higher.

I would also mention the $1455 price for the Star Wars 1 price variant and that John Carter price variants seem to be getting some love because of the Disney movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment