Sunday, January 12, 2014

Mycomicshop sells nice Amazing Spider-Man 173 35 cent price variant on ebay

Dallas comic dealer mycomicshop sold a solid mid-grade Amazing Spider-Man 173 35 cent price variant on ebay for $374.  mycomicshop is generally regarded as decent (if not conservative) grade and they had the book pegged as a 6.5.  The only recorded sale of certified book in the last nine years was an 8.5 which sold for $612 in 2010.  There are still just eight of this price variant issue certified in ANY grade so I think this might have been a bargain.

2 comments:

  1. I was actually the one who purchased the comic - ironically you previously written about a CGC #173 I purchased for $10 a little over a year ago. There is no way this 35 cent variant is as low as a 6.5. SInce then I re-upped my CGC membership and have the 4 certificates to burn. I am considering getting the book pressed with the CGC affiliate (CCS) before grading. I would actually appreciate any feedback positive or negative about that.

    - Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,

    Congratulations - I agree with you that the book is better than a 6.5. If you get it graded, please let me know how it turns out. That book is WAY tough.

    ReplyDelete