Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Ringo Kid 28 in CGC 9.4 sells for $575

A beautiful copy of Ringo Kid 28 in CGC 9.4 sold for $575 on ebay as a Buy-it-Now.  In the interest of full disclosure, I should also add that I was the seller and I actually lost money on the book.  Here is the story.  Several years ago, when I and a couple of other collectors were try to finish the 30 cent variant set, Ringo Kid 28 was right up there with Kid Colt 208 and Weird Wonder Tales in terms of absolute rarity.  It was (and still is) a key to completing the set.  Ebay seller zillaf4 listed the book and it looked absolutely fantastic.  As you might expect the bidding was a trainwreck and I ended up winning the book for $675 and was ecstatic anyway.  And then zillaf4 listed two more of them the next week.  And the next book ended at $400 and I got the third book at $300 and change.   Three books in a couple of weeks made the book almost seem common, and all three books were nice. 

Several years have passed and I have not seen another Ringo Kid 28 come up on ebay. 

Anyway, I needed to raise some money for a mission trip that I am going on with my family this summer and I decided to sell my undercopy western variants.  The Ringo Kid was basically identical to the 9.4 copy that I kept. 

No comments:

Post a Comment