Saturday, April 24, 2010

A little bit about me.

I grew up an avid comic book reader and collector while I was in school in the 70s and early 80s. I remember biking to the 7-11, buying books off the spinner rack, and reading the great bronze-age classics like Cockrum and Byrne’s New X-Men, Frank Miller’s Daredevil, and Dave Steven’s Rocketeer. After graduating from college, getting married and having kids, I stopped buying comic books because of the demands of my new responsibilities and home budget constraints. Fast forward to a couple of years ago with my own kids in high school, some spare time, and settled in a bigger house with some extra storage space, I started working to complete some of the comic runs that I never finished as a kid. Searching for these books led me to the CGC website where I discovered a thread on Marvel price variants of the same books that I collected as a kid. That thread led me to the STL comics site where I met up with the Variant Mafia. You can't complete a set of marvel price variants without help from the mafia. Anyway, I became hooked on the price variants. Hard.

As of 2010, I have completed the 30 cent set. I am actively working on completing the 35 cent but so are several others and the competition for the last twenty books that I need for the set is pretty fierce.

No comments:

Post a Comment